manufacturing of prototypes and special luminaires
- Implementation of project-specific product ideas or lighting solutions
- Checking of feasibility and definition of specifications
- Design, development, CAD, simulation and testing concepts
- Creation of a functioning prototype within a few days
- Solution-oriented approach and support from the idea through to project implementation
- State-of-the-art machinery for creating prototypes and for mass production: laser processing, sheet metal bending, turning, milling, grinding, section folding, 3D scanning and printing equipment …
Photometric measurements of luminaires
- We use the biaxial LABSPION by Visio Systems to measure 3D photometric data of luminaire prototypes or standard luminaires in no time
- The following data can be measured: Luminous flux lm, power consumption W, power factor %, colour rendering index CRI/CQS, colour temperature CCT, light distribution curve LDC, radiation angle, efficiency lm/W …
- Data export in LDT/IES format for use in RELUX/DIALUX, project-specific PDF documents
encapsulation ip67 protection
- Encapsulation of LED light lines with the specialised DEMAK equipment for outdoor applications
- Perfectly adjusted system (encapsulation material: polyurethane SEPUR 540 and equipment) for transparent or opal encapsulation, also for walk-over applications
- UV resistance, low colour temperature deviations and IP67 protection ensure maximum service life
- Engineering and industrial production of OEM products from small-scale to medium series
- In-house development and outsourcing solution smartPRODUCTION ERP system for LED light line production
- Automation of production and testing facilities
- 100% traceability thanks to batch tracing in production
- Fast-line production of LED light lines within 24 hours
- Sourcing of components and suppliers
- State-of-the-art machinery allows multi-variant and multi-faceted production of mechanical components: AMADA fibre laser for 2K sheet metal processing with automated loading and unloading station, AMADA bending machine (up to 2.5 m long), flatbed milling machines up to 2.0 × 3.0 m, deburring machine for sheet metal parts, automatic thread-cutting devices, edge polishing machine …
- Section cutting machines and section processing
- Welding of aluminium, steel and chromium alloy steel
Why we enjoy working at smarterion?
Thomas Stepan, CEO
”Variety and diversity, a wide range of tasks, a great team, a real opportunity to inspire others and to make a difference”: This is what smarterion employees say about why they enjoy working at smarterion. What is required for success to be achieved is the commitment of many dedicated employees. Interesting and challenging tasks are waiting for you and, being a growing company, we also offer you the perspective of further individual and professional development. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team soon.
Sales / Purchasing / Marketing
SERVICE and ASSEMBLY
The smarterion smartPRODUCTION system is a comprehensive manufacturing system you can use to operate your own in-house production of LED light lines.
Under a licence and with your own brand (as franchise partner), you can use the software- and hardware-based solution. Thanks to joint material procurement, you benefit from lower procurement costs and at the same time are able to produce based on your own local staff costs.
Get in touch with us to learn more about the opportunities offered by smartPRODUCTION.
- Comprehensive, marketable product range of LED light lines (LED sections, covers, end caps …)
- Phased concept of manufacturing aids – from small-scale series through to batch production of LED light lines
- Modules: process planning/capacity planning, section cuts, ready-made cables, ready-made sections, LED encapsulation, testing, dispatch, product labelling, product traceability
- Full data availability (parts lists, operational plans, data sheets, inspection schedules, specifications, EULUMDAT files …)
- 100% traceability via barcode and QR code
- Proof of conformity with all relevant standards
- Technical support and know-how and ongoing further development of the system
- Configurator and web shop for direct marketing
- Adoption of a functioning modular manufacturing system tried and tested since 2015 for 196 versions of LED light lines
- High-quality smart design of all products (end caps without screws, very easy installation …)
- Production under your own brand with your own locally applicable manufacturing costs
- Lower procurement costs for LED sections, since large quantities can be purchased jointly
- All production and distribution data available (parts lists, photometric data, conformity statements …)
- High product and process quality with regard to all products (100% batch tracing)
- Web configurator and web shop for marketing
- Participation in ongoing product development
What do we do to ensure high quality levels?
- For us, the high quality of products and processes is a task we are committed to and which is integral to our thinking and actions day in, day out.
- Within the scope of a continuous improvement process, we keep learning from our mistakes, in order to eliminate them and avoid them in the future.
- The ISO-9001 standard is an important leadership tool for us to measure our quality.
- The most important measuring tool is our customers’ satisfaction – for us, it is the measure of all things.
Why does 100% quality control make sense?
Smart testing systems
- In order to guarantee high product quality, we have developed our in-house testing systems that ensure perfect control with regard to serial luminaires.
- When it comes to testing systems, all electrical, photometric and optical parameters are tested.
- Traceability of data is ensured for years thanks to the use of a QR code or a barcode.
- In terms of LED light lines, the smartPRODUCTION production system, which was developed in-house, also guarantees 100% control of all outbound products manufactured by us.
What is the benefit of OEM certification?
Certified Osram partner
- As OEM manufacturer for renowned companies, we were audited by OSRAM in 2017, in order to produce, as manufacturer, luminaires for the company under the OSRAM brand, in compliance with OSRAM standards.
- An OEM audit exceeds ISO certification by far and pays particular attention to compliance with standards in the field of LEDs and luminaires.
Why is data quality becoming more and more important?
- In 2019, we started the PIM project with the aim to have a comprehensive data bank available by 2022 that includes all products developed and manufactured by us, so that we can ensure the level of data quality required for the industry 4.0 standard.
- This allows all partners and customers to access this data to facilitate data exchange and considerably reduce initial costs when new products are introduced.
Why is LED part of the 2050 energy strategy?
Energy efficiency with LED technology
- Since our company was founded in 2009, our focus has been exclusively on LED technology. This means that all our products and special solutions are energy-efficient and have a long service life.
- As energy efficiency in lighting is an important part of the 2050 energy strategy of the Swiss Confederation, our products and solutions also contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions.
What is our contribution to sustainability?
Materials from Switzerland and Europe
- We buy more than 80% of our materials in Switzerland and in Europe.
- We actively try to solve the problem of reducing grey energy in our products.
- We buy electronic control gear primarily in Europe. It is important to us that they are manufactured in Europe as well.
Why does it pay to convert luminaires to LED technology?
LED conversion kits
- Our large product portfolio of LED conversion kits allows our customers to retrofit conventional luminaires with LED technology.
- In this way, the original luminaire design can be maintained, without any need to change installation procedures.